Saturday, January 07, 2006

Jan.7: Life and Love and Not Knowing

LIFE AND LOVE
Why are we here?

I don’t know.

The story that I have to know, that I must know, is a story that I can run through the mill of the “Katie Work,” as I call the work of Byron Katie. Is it true I need to know why we are here? No. How do I feel when I tell myself I have to know: confused and pressured and annoyed. Who would I be without it, without this story? I’m be curious, wondering: why am I here?

To be happy.
To feel love.
To learn.

These are the answers that come to me when I’m not trying, when I don’t put the pressure on myself. When I don’t demand that I know why we are here, when the answers I come up with don’t have to be the right answers.

To be happy.
Now.

To feel love.
Now.

To learn.
Not necessarily now, but I can always learn to keep my attention more happy and more loving.

No, no. I can’t get any better. This is good enough.

Is that true?

I don’t know. Ah, the freedom of that: I don’t know. Yum, yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home