Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Who am I? Who are we all?

Who am I? Who are you? The busier I am inside the words in my head, the bigger the false picture I can create of who I am, and how I am different than you. If I hold Marlie’s hands and close my eyes and follow my breathing, I become a calmness, I become breathing, I become Life aware of Itself. Then when I open my eyes, and look at my sweet friend, I am her. The me, me, me has dissolved, and I am just the one in my awareness.

Another name for this is love.

Another name for this is peace.

Enough of that, for now: this is, for now, a website devoted to the ideas behind my campaign for city council, and the ideas behind the philosophy of life that I have been discovering and evolving. The aim of the philosophy is to make sense of life.

So far, life makes this sense: we are here to wake up to the present, to be happy, to love life, to help others love life and themselves, to live in harmony with the Earth and take care of the Earth, to take care of those less fortunate than ourselves in a way that allows us to remain present, peaceful and happy. Happiness is not running around accumulating things. It is being present with a friend, a lover, a child, a rose, a pet, a forest, an ocean, a job you are doing and loving. Being present in your ordinary life.

This is good.

This is what the campaign is about: quality of life as everyday happiness, not some vague phrase.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home