Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What's good about being alive?

river dog
"River," my Atlanta walking buddy




sometimes life seems good
sometimes not

the great separator
can often
be
to come to awareness
to nowness
to knowing we are alive and
what we are doing
or not doing now

to be aware
creates
in me
and probably in you
the possibility of every moment

being good about being alive

now
sitting
cold a bit
phone ringing
now awaring of my breathing
now realizing with a bit of an inner sigh
that i'm speeding in my typing

not slow
not as aware
of feet
and spine
and arms
and ribs
as i now am

when i slow down


again
and
again
and
again
on my travels
i see this:

people rushing through life
like me rushing through typing
till i came back to awareness


and when in a hurry
we miss
only this....
the sweetness of know
knowing
feeling sensing
being


alive


ah,
sigh
slow

good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home