Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 52: What to do? Wake up to who we really are.





Without the story, and the froth: who am I?

We are all real and amazing at our core.

And: those are just words: “real and amazing” But who are you are your core? Can you sense yourself in the present and add on being aware of what you are hearing in this instant, and add on light coming into your eyes, and from the fullness and stillness of that, discover/ sense/ feel/ understand/ experience who you are?


This is today’s assignment. Discover yourself when you are being who you really are, and when you aren’t.

And this is tricky ( and fun). As soon as you concoct a set of words about “Who am I?” you might want to ask if the experience of yourself in that moment has anything to do with the words that you use to paint the picture/ explanation of “Who am I?”


Tricky, tricky.

Fun, fun.


And somewhere in there, if you are in the mood, you can let the work of Byron Katie help you, if you come up with thoughts like, “I should be able to do a better job of saying, or knowing, ‘Who I really am?’”

And if you start to think, “I am a mother, I am a farmer,” go a little deeper, ask what else you are, or what’s beneath the “doing” roles we have.

Who are you?

What are you?

Who are you really?


Be calm, and easy, and persistent and playful and open and keep asking and listening and experiencing: Who are you?

Eating, walking, working, talking, quiet, keep asking: Who am I?



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home