Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tuesday, August 1: I'll be Happy when.....

HAPPY WHEN?
I’ll be happy when….
I get my degree
find my soul mate
make “enough” money
have the “right:” job

In the mean time
I’m going to feel bad
and that will surely punish
the world
for not being just the way it’s supposed to be.


I’ll be happy when….
my “soul mate” remembers the way
I imagined them to be when
we first met

Meanwhile, I’ll try to fix them
by punishing them
with my anger and annoyance and
bad vibes
and oh so helpful “suggestions.”


I’ll be happy when….
the yoga class is over
the exam in over
the dinner party is over
the day is over
my work day is over
the war is over
this dis-ease is over
the President gets a brain
my opponents agree with me
I’m recognized as marvelous

And meanwhile
I’ll waste by life
my precious life
my precious hours
my precious minutes
punishing me
punishing me

when am I going to wake up
and realize that I’m
punishing me
by being unhappy

Until…….?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home