Monday, May 14, 2007

Now

poppy
BEING NOW
I just got through not being present for about the last forty five minutes. Where was I?

I was in the future, wanting something to "go away,' so I could give myself permission to start breathing and enjoying life again. What I wanted to "go away" was a mistake I'd made on my tax form, which had resulted in a letter from the IRS, requesting some money which I didn't owe. But since I'd made the mistake, it appeared as if I did.

What good places to lose attention: money. The IRS.

Just to have them on this page is probably a temptation even to you, gentle reader, to allow your attention to go scurrying away to those little fear pockets into which we drain our happiness now and then.

But now, you and I can come back to simple truth. We are breathing. You can notice your breathing. I can notice my breathing.

We are in a body.

We have awareness.

We are on this beautiful planet Earth, which is in need of our help and our co-operation, and is always there for us. Always there with gravity, and we can breathe and feel that shift when we notice our breathing, and we can sense where we are connecting to gravity, and enjoy the shift in ourselves when we notice the weight of ourselves in our bones, on our bottom, or our feet if reading this standing, or perhaps even on your back if your are mellowed out somewhere and reading this lying down.

At any rate, we can come back to the pleasure of being now. We can look at the sky if we have a window, or visualize the sky if we don't. We can look at a flower or a tree in there is some nature outside our window, or visualize a flower and a tree if there isn't.

But breath is always here, we are always here, gravity is always here. And we come back to now and notice, we spark back into that amazing state of awareness when we know this wonderful truth: I am alive.

This is always a good start.

I am alive.

*** *** ***

In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, it is said that Yogas chitta vritti nirodah. Which means, yoga is the stilling of the thought fluctuations of the mind. This is the yoga of coming into the present: Can we use Now as the simplest and most direct way of stilling the thought fluctuations of the mind?

I think so. Let's try, you and I gentle reader, with toes and eyes, and flowers and sky, a whole world of Now and Nature to view with Love.




PLEASE BE WELL:


Pleasure
Ease
Awareness
Sensitive Strength
Enjoyment

BE

Waking up to now.
Embracing Change.
Learning to learn.
Loving to move, improve and transform.





Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home