Sunday, September 23, 2007

3 pages a day

One of the great glories
of the Work of Byron Katie
is that you don't have to fuss around,
don't have to go digging
around in your "shadow,"

don't have to figure out
what to
"work on"
in yourself

either
life is peaceful
and you are happy
and you just cruise

or you are unhappy
and you have the work
and the work
tells you what to work on

so
if someone bugging me
is in a daze
that's my work:
find the daze i'm in

if someone around me
leads me to want to advise:
do more Feldenkrais or more
walking or yoga,
that's my work

anyway,
Marlie's daughter came
to visit
and in a troubled phase of her
life

young twenties
college fun
and then jobs:
they don't care how
smart you were in college

and the old aching question:
what do you really want to
do
with your life?

so i suggested
The Artist's Way,
with its grand
and useful idea
of writing three
free form pages a
day

the step daughter not
so thrilled with idea
and i decided
why not,
i'll take the advice:
so far,
just the second day

and

I
love
it

so nice
to take
my own
advice


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home