Monday, September 10, 2007

Hunger

it's interesting
life is

when i'm hungry
i'm so much
more prone
to being irritable

this either means:
eat

or be
patient
come into the now
stop
see what happiness
is waiting
inside the irritability

it's always a delight
to notice
and the more i can notice
myself in my "not together states,"
like
the

feeling
that "something has to be
fixed"
before i can be happy

the more i can notice
the me
inside the "trouble"
and the "story"
and the habitual responses,
then
the more i can be
free

free
ah,

sure,
eating when hungry
is fine

and eating
the way we do it in the west
is like an endless shovelling

what's wrong
with fasting
a little
a meal here
a meal there

letting the irritability rise
and exploring:

where is the happiness
the peace
at the center

at my core

does food fill me
or does the glory of
life ?


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home