Saturday, September 27, 2008

how can I help you, friend?

nasturium



one way out of feeling
bad
for ourselves
is
to take this phrase,
and run with it:

"How can I help you, friend?"

Now, of course, some people will want to
run you ragged with stupid errands
or something,
but most people, if listened to,
will come up with something close to what they
really want:

someone to listen
someone to spend some time with
someone to help them do a few chores in the garden

it's usually kind of simple
which confounds the busy, busy mind
that likes to keep "busy"
(for fear of being "worthless",
both concepts out of reality)
and something as simple as slowing down
and actually paying present based
attention
no criticism
no praise
just Hi, there, I see you,
and what I see is good,
not because of anything you are doing,
or have done,
but just
because
you are
you.

What a nice help
we can almost always be to another.

And if no one is around,
what a nice help to
ourselves:

hello, friend,
I see you there,
and what I see is good,
not because of anything you are doing
or have done,
but just
because
you are
you.

ah, la:

the old amazing
make your own jail
scheme:
worry, fret, sweat about me, me, me
with this result:
misery


and the jail break:

take some time to care for
and attend to
and be of use to another
and : ease and grace

the old love
trick

oh, well
sometimes life
works amazingly sweetly

and
what about my supposed "problem?"
who knows what I'll do the Work of Byron
Katie
on
over at 108 days,

we'll see

ciao,
Chris


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home