Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Buy local, think global

two vases from Robins Nest
I needed another pitcher
for water this morning

I knew I wanted a pretty
one
like the one I'd bought
before
at the
Robin's Nest
on East Napa St.
in
Sonoma,
just around the corner from the
Sebastiani Theater
and just down the street
toward the Plaza
from Readers' Books.

I knew I wanted
something
nice
and something
NOT
from China.

So I went back
to The Robin's Nest
and found another sweet one.

Pictured above are two
pitchers I've gotten there,
the one on the right
being the one
I bought
today.
$13.95
or so.
(the Robins Nest
is a discount store)
And from Tunisa.

And, of course,
part of going slower
in this rushed world
was to buy while using my bicycle
to return home from teaching
DNA yoga
out on the East Side of town.

So,
now my water can wait for me
to drink it
and Marlie to drink it,
and you,
if you come by and ask for water,

the water
can wait in
beauty.

may your inner waters
be
beautiful
today

ciao
chris


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home