Wednesday, September 03, 2008

This funny thing, God

roses


God is a word,
sending some people to
war

we don't have
to be like
that,
do we?

God can be your smile
or your frown

God can be the hot day
or the "perfect" weather

God can be the way
I realize how
dumb I've been sometimes
or
how
brilliant others.

God can be you
when you bother me,
and I realize,
hey, the botherment
(you heard the word here, first,
maybe)
is in me
and then I can
remember
to love you
just the way you are imperfectly
you...

And hey,
while I'm at it,
why not treat myself
just as well?

Ah, God,
wouldn't that be
nice?

Yes,
and

the smile on waking
up
to such ease
grace
and
love
is another way
that God
is
in
our lives
...

Oh,well
what are you going to do
if today isn't a struggle

And God
just seems to be leaking out
of every little this
and that?



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home