Thursday, August 28, 2008

All of Life

marlie witch happy


marlie tongue happy


marlie sweet happy

marlie too sweet happy

life has many faces
and the outside
face
isn't
always the inner
joy

which is always
there,
even
when
we forget

so, hey, some days we are happy
and we know it

some days we "think"
we are unhappy
and that usually makes
us
"feel" unhappy

and the word "makes"
is very interesting

what if we took over
and said:
I am, now, making myself
unhappy

and then,
guess what,
we can return to one of the essentials
of real life,
the essential of
curiosity

And from the curiosity
at our core
we can
wonder,
ah, yes,
we can
wonder,
wonderful person that we are,
just how are we
making ourselves
unhappy.

A grand question:
How am I, right now, using my so called thinking,
and my body rigidity
and my mental inflexibility
and my seeing the world as all about me, me, me
how am I using all this not-really-me-ness
to make "me"
unhappy?

So, wonderful life,
on the "good" days,
and wonderful life,
and wonderful opportunity,
on the "bad" days,
when unhappiness arises.

The opportunity to wonder
to explore
to inquire
to go inside
to listen
to discover
to recover
to uncover
who we really are
beneath
the so-called
'unhappiness."

And to discover, recover and so on,
the HOW of
how we "make" ourselves
unhappy?

Unhappiness good?
No.
Unhappiness bad?
No.
Unhappiness a trip we trap and trip
ourselves in?
Yes.

And the clowning around in the faces
above,
ah,
sometimes
on other, brighter days,
we can pretend to be caught in
the spells
that sometimes really catch
us

Play around with how
lost we can
be sometimes

And inside that play,
the realization
of how amazing this being alive
thing
is.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home